We checked out the highly anticipated Heritage Food and Drink in Waxhaw before it opened and loved every last bite. We sampled a range of menu items from the snacks, small plates, big plates, and of course dessert.
- Garlic and Cumin Deviled Eggs
- Cheese Platter
- Broccoli Soup
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Pimento Cheese, Bacon, and Aioli
- Slow Cooked NY Strip Steak with Potatoes, Broccoli, and Garlic
- Fried Chicken Breast with Macaroni & Cheese, Greens, and Carrots
- Gnocchi with Braised Short Ribs, Mushrooms, Carrots, and Greens
- Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing and Chocolate
- Pecan Pie
In short… the deviled eggs were awesome, the cheese platter needed more cheese, I loved the broccoli soup (I hate broccoli), the fried green tomatoes had bacon and bacon makes everything delicious. For the entrees the strip steak was perfectly cooked thanks to the sous-vide cooking method, the fried chicken / mac & cheese was might have been the best plate at the table, and the braised short ribs with gnocchi paired perfectly with the mushrooms, carrots, and greens. The pecan pie and the red velvet cake made for a great ending to an already delicious night.
Every plate was a delicious and well balanced combination of local flavors and skilled culinary talent. Heritage Food and Drink is sure to become a local favorite and we can’t wait to head back and see the menu evolve with the seasons.