In our ongoing search for the best brunch in Charlotte we found ourselves at Bistro la Bon recently. Heist Brewery was the reigning Sunday Brunch Champ until the sneeze guards and chaffer dishes came out (and probably the Health Dept.). After that they kinda lost their Brunch mojo and we’ve been searching for a restaurant to fill that empty spot in our bellies. Bistro la Bon is tucked away on the corner of a very unassuming shopping center (a couple doors down from Family Dollar) and has been high on our Urbanspoon Wishlist for a while. With one of the most interesting dinner menus in the Queen City, Sunday Brunch definitely wont be the last time we check this place out. We found the Sunday brunch buffet to be pretty varied and on a 1 – 10 scale of excitement… I’d give the Sunday brunch buffet a solid 6. Here’s what we found when we went.
- House Cured Salmon – Sorry guys I don’t do seafood :(
- Sunday Roasts – ABSOLUTELY FUCKING DELICIOUS!!!!
- Brioche French Toast – The french toast was as addictive as it was BIG
- Swedish Meatballs – Yes, they did have lingenberry jam also but I think Ikea’s are better :)
- Housemade Mozzarella stuffed with Tomato & Basil – On point
- Potato Au Gratin – I tried them but they were awful
- Asiago Cheese Grits – Decent but great
- Scrambled Eggs – Bland and forgettable
- Bacon – Chewy and not crispy at all
- Macaroni and Cheese – Possibly the best Macaroni and Cheese we have ever eaten… EVER!!!!!
- Polska Kielbasa and Cabbage – Throw away the cabbage and add the kielbasa to the Macaroni, thats some good shit!
They also had a selection of fresh baked breads and pastries as well as fruits and salad options. If it weren’t for the Macaroni, the Roast, and the French Toast I don’t think I would be able to recommend anybody bother with the Bistro la Bon Sunday brunch.